Target Audience

  Well, today's the day where I examine my research and my target audience and how to attract them. The definition of a magazine is a publication periodically published with a variety of content. I've established what my content of my magazine will be, a performing arts magazine. My magazine will be the artisitc take on the beauty of the performing arts. With information on local shows, events, and stories of those who participate in the arts.
  My target audience will be a young demographic, leaning towards kids from ages around 10-18 years old. Kids who pursue acting, theatre, dancing, and music will have a product that gives them stories of people who have grown up in the same industry. People whose stories can help them discover more about their hobby. Also the magazine will tell them about events such as acting and dancing workshops, shows with reviews so that no matter how you live you can have a inside look into the arts. During my research process I came across an article called "The Seven Ages of Magazine Readers" , it broke down the interests of magazines in the minds of all ages. Pre-teens like the images within magazines and teens like the mainstream content will all the "in-the know" information. So in order to reach that audience, it makes perfect sense to combine the two. My magazine will have pages of photographs with dancers going through their movements, with beautifull costumes that make kids want to join. My articles will have information on the best shows to go see, the best products to buy, the tips and tricks to living a stage life. Entertainment for those who are truly interested this art form. 
  Things to do to Attract my Audience: 
   1. Lots of color  
   2. Variety of pictures
   3. Lists (of tips and rated shows or products) 
   4. Easy to read articles 
   5. Participating giveaways
   6. quizzes or surveys
  My magazine should be informative and entertaining, the best way to do that is to have a brightly colored creative product that gives everyone a happy and lively feel when their reading it or even just skimming through. I want kids to be excited for the next months edition, and I want them to gain a better interest in the perfoming arts because everyone should have a hobby. Something the makes them feel unique and gives a desire to participate. So my magazine's purpose is to strengthen the interest of those who dance, sing, and act. 
   JT.
  

30, 2008 Tom De Castella September, and How Long? 7-10 Minutes. "The Seven Ages of Magazine Readers." Campaign: Marketing, Advertising and Media News & Analysis. Tom De Castilla, 30 Sept. 2008. Web. 19 Mar. 2017.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table of Contents Changed.

Two Page Layout.