Cover Photo Debate.

  After the photo shoot, I looked over each and every photo and was very pleased with the outcomes. It's going to be a difficult process trying to skim them down. But I'd first like to start off with the ones that stick out in my head the most and which one I'd like to make the cover photo.
  The cover photo is important, it needs to draw attention and represent the magazine. I want it to be beautiful and I've got some of the perfect photos for the trick. So in this blog i will talk it out, vent my opinions and we will see if it gets me anywhere later.


Cover Photo #1: 
  • I love the action within this photo, its a jump in mid air with a beautiful scenery in the background. 
  • The action brings in an enticing aspect to the magazine making readers look at it and think "Wow! what a cool pic of that girl jumping like a beautiful being!" 
  • Sadly though I see this picture to be way to good for the cover, maybe that's just my opinion, but I see it as spoiler per say and I don't want the cover photo to give away everything. 
 Cover Photo #2: 
  • This could possibly be my favorite photo so it would only make sense to make it the MOST IMPORTANT ONE. 
  • I love the lighting and the color of her dress surrounded by all the greenery. Her pose is a dance move, but not so dramatic as to give anything away. Perfect blend of artistic in every art form. 
  • A con would be that the magazine layout will cut most of the photo off since the layout is vertical and the photo is horizontal. I feel as though that will diminish the value of the photo, so I'd rather just save the photo for another page. 

Cover Photo #3 :  
  • This photo as has lots of color too it, the graffiti in the background adds a more modern vibe too it making it more relatable to the target audience. 
  • The photo leaves room for Title space and cover lines. I can already picture text surrounding it, unlike I could for the other photos. 
  • I really can't think of any cons for using this photo as the cover other than the fact that I like the other ones more. 
Well I'll take the time to think these options over, even though I'm already starting to feel that option #3 is my best bet. The other two options, i feel, will look ugly with writing all over them and a huge title plastered above it. I want these photos to be represented the best way possible, so I'll play with some possible layouts and discuss it soon.
JT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table of Contents Changed.

Two Page Layout.