Magazine Cover Finished.

   WOW! Today was a fun day (: In class, I discussed with my peers about my past blog where I was debating over the choice for the cover photo. They shared with me their opinions and I started getting a move on the magazine cover. At first I planned to use Joomag.com but my peers suggested another design website called Canva. It took me a while to master the style I was going for, but in the end I came out with a final product for my Magazine Cover. Within an hour and a half I changed photos, rearranged title placement, sorted through a variety of fonts and distinguished my text color through every shade of white I could. The final product has a simplistic design with a Voga font displaying the title and a small subheading establishing the month and year of the magazines issue (April 2017.) The colors of the cover are relevant to the time of the month, spring, keeping it green, white and light pink but also vibrant to stand out to the audience. The picture is a beautiful representation of the magazine and demonstrates the artistic aspect of the performing arts. In my opinion its the right amount of dramatic for StageLife Magazine.


This photo is accentuated by the colors, the bright green grass and trees are what make the photo stand out. Her pose in the center of the cover draws focus, her position is spread throughout the page demanding the audience to look at her. The light pink costume blends with the brown leaves on the ground. The colors are aesthetically pleasing in my opinion and the lighting helps with that. The day of the photo shoot, the sky was very cloudy and not much of the sun was seen; but for a few pictures, such as this one, the sun shined quickly enough to get into the photo just a little bit. With a little natural lighting through the trees of Tree Tops Park I got an awesome photo, but for this photo I also found a strategic place to to put my masthead. Originally I had it a the bottom of the page, to be different and challenging, but under suggestion I placed in on top and enlarged it. The white lettering matches the lighting through the trees, and the box around it pulls focus to the text but keeping an opening for the cover model. Overall I'm extremely pleased with my magazine cover and am excited to move onto my table of contents. Until next blog!

JT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table of Contents Changed.

Two Page Layout.